When the Google Pixel® phone first arrived on the scene, many people thought it could only be used with a single carrier. Fortunately, this isn’t true—an unlocked Google Pixel is just as versatile as any other high-end smartphone. So, if you want a Google Pixel phone, but love the coverage and connections you get with AT&T, don’t worry. With just a few simple steps, you can bring an unlocked Google Pixel phone to AT&T. You’ll even get free activation as a bonus!
What is an unlocked phone?
An unlocked cell phone will work on any service provider’s network. You can buy a phone that’s already unlocked, or you can wait until the phone becomes unlocked when your contract ends. Either way, you’re no longer obligated to a specific network. It’s easy to bring an unlocked Google Pixel phone with AT&T.
Getting a Google Pixel phone
If you’re shopping for new phone or you’re eligible for an AT&T upgrade, check out the Google Pixel 2 and discover why Wired magazine called it a “top-notch phone in every respect.” It has one of the best cell phone cameras available, especially in portrait mode. You can take as many professional-looking photos as you want, then store them with Google’s free, unlimited storage. In addition, the Google Pixel is fast-charging and has a long battery life.
Bringing your Google Pixel to AT&T
If you already have a Google Pixel phone, you’re ready to bring it to the AT&T network. First check your device compatibility.
- Find your device. To identify your phone, you need to find it’s IMEI number. To see your IMEI on the Google Pixel, dial * # 0 6 # on your keypad.
- Switch from another carrier. To bring your Google Pixel over from another network to AT&T, just fill out a short form that matches information from your previous carrier. You can even choose to keep your phone number. It’s that simple.
- Pick a data plan. With so many movie, music, and videos options on the Google Pixel, you may want to get an unlimited plan. With unlimited talk, text, and data, you’ll have everything you need with no overage charges.
- Order your free SIM card. After you choose a plan, get a free AT&T SIM card kit. The kit comes through the mail and is ready to use immediately.
- Start using your phone. Activation is free when you bring your own phone to AT&T. Just insert the SIM card that came in the mail, and you’re ready to rock.
Keeping your Google Pixel sharp
No matter where you purchase your Google Pixel phone, you’ll always have the latest updates with a guaranteed 3 years of OS and security updates. You can also personalize your Pixel with:
- Your favorite apps from the Google Play℠ store
- The latest accessories like a customizable Live Case or Google Pixel Buds®
- A Google Home Mini℠ to get your home in on the act
Whether you’re adding a Google Pixel phone to your AT&T account or switching to AT&T and bringing your Pixel along for the ride, we make it easy for you. See how easy it is to activate and connect your Google Pixel to everything you love with AT&T.
This article was written by an AT&T employee. The postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of AT&T.