The AT&T Wi-Fi Gateway—seriously smart tech that’s included with AT&T Internet
Get it when you order AT&T Internet for an extra $10 a month
What exactly is an AT&T Wi-Fi gateway?
It’s a router and modem in one—able to seamlessly support a home’s worth of devices along with your most demanding Wi-Fi connection.
How does it provide the fastest connection?
Thanks to its advanced mesh technology, you’ll have the best and fastest connection for everyone in your family—wherever they are in the home.
Whole-home Wi-Fi connectivity may require AT&T Smart Wi-Fi Extender(s), sold separately.
How will it make things easier?
You’ll get automatic software and firmware updates—along with a lifetime of troubleshooting, replacement, and repair.
Repair and replacement for defective routers only and only for AT&T Internet subscribers in good standing.
Unpack the AT&T Wi-Fi gateway
Plug the AT&T Wi-Fi gateway into an outlet.
Make the connection
Connect your AT&T Wi-Fi gateway to your computer using the provided cables.
Sign in, register & get online
Follow the easy on-screen steps—and you’re good to go.
Still have questions about AT&T Wi-Fi?
- What is a Wi-Fi gateway?The AT&T Wi-Fi Gateway is more than just a router that provides internet connectivity. It combines the functions of both a modem and a router to handle your home internet needs. It is designed to seamlessly support a home full of smart devices and your most demanding Wi-Fi connections.
- What is the difference between a gateway and a router?A router is a device that broadcasts a Wi-Fi signal out to your home. It typically connects to a device called a modem in order to connect to your internet service provider. A Wi-Fi gateway provides the functions of both a modem and a router in a single device.
- How do I reboot my Wi-Fi gateway?1. Press and hold the Reset button on the gateway for at least 10 seconds. If you let go before 10 seconds, the gateway will reboot, but it won’t reset.
2. Wait until the gateway restarts and all the status lights are lit.
3. See if the Broadband or Service status lights are solid green. If so, the reset succeeded.
Exclusive AT&T Wi-Fi Gateway is more than just a router
Our most advanced Wi-Fi technology powers a seamless Wi-Fi experience across your entire home with AT&T Smart Wi-Fi.1 With advanced mesh technology, the AT&T Wi-Fi Gateway selects the best and fastest connection wherever you are in the home.
If you’re eligible to self-install internet service, setting up your own internet can be easy with AT&T.
If you don’t want to go through a complicated process or contact a technician, AT&T makes it easy to set up your own internet. Go to this page for a list of simple guides on how you can set up your internet service at home without the hassle.
1AT&T Smart Wi-Fi requires installation of a BGW210, 5268AC, or NVG599 Wi-Fi Gateway. Standard with Internet plans (12M or higher). Whole home Wi-Fi connectivity may require AT&T Smart Wi-Fi Extender(s) sold separately.
Stay connected on-the-go with a mobile hotspot
If you’re away from home, but still want to enjoy the benefits of a Wi-Fi network, you can create your own wireless hotspot—either by using your phone or by using a dedicated hotspot device. Wireless hotspots work by using data from your wireless plan to broadcast Wi-Fi service to your other connected devices. It’s like having a home internet service that travels with you wherever you go.