EASY DOES IT
Total control at your fingertips
The Smart Home Manager app puts you in charge of your home Wi-Fi.
- Manage screen time and user access
- Track data usage by device
- Invite guests with an email or text
PARENTAL CONTROLS FEATURES
Monitor your family’s online life
Running a busy household is a 24/7 job. Streamline schedules for homework, dinner, and bedtime. Set daily limits, monitor bandwidth, and even track data usage by device.Loading...Download the free app
24/7 VIRTUAL ASSISTANT
Tech it easy
Get instant help, customized recommendations, and quick troubleshooting—anytime.
TEST & OPTIMIZE
Get real solutions—fast
Test signal strength with augmented reality*—plus check speed, network health, and performance, and reboot with one tap.
AT&T SMART WI-FI EXTENDER
Optimize your signal strength
Increase coverage and reduce dead zones so everyone can stream, work, and play where and when they like.
AT&T Smart Wi-Fi Extender is a Wi-Fi signal extender designed for use with AT&T Internet service provisioned via BGW210, 5268AC, or NVG599 Wi-Fi Gateways. Requires a separate purchase.
AT&T Smart Home Manager is available to AT&T Internet service customers with a compatible AT&T Wi-Fi Gateway. Limited to home Wi-Fi network.
*Wi-Fi Coverage Test feature must use AR capable mobile device and be connected to the network.
Frequently asked questions
- What is a smart home?A smart home is a home with Wi-Fi enabled devices that integrate to make your life easier. Have you ever been in a house where seemingly every device was connected to the internet—from the kitchen appliances to the entertainment devices? That would be an example of a smart home.
- How many megabits per second (Mbps) do I need for a smart home?The more smart home devices you add to your internet connection, the more speed you will need to support good performance. If you are a heavy internet user looking to build the ultimate smart home, check to see if AT&T Fiber is available in your area. Internet plans up to 1000Mbps connection* powered by AT&T Fiber provide ultra-fast upload and download speeds.
* Internet speed claims represent maximum network service capabilities and based on wired connection to gateway. Actual customer speeds may vary based on a number of factors and are not guaranteed. Download speed for Internet 1000 are typically up to 940Mbps due to overhead capacity reserved to deliver the data. For more information, go to www.att.com/speed101.
- Do smart home devices slow down Wi-Fi?Every home internet connection will have a maximum amount of usage that it can support at any given time, so the more devices you connect at once, the more your connection will start to slow down. This is why any smart home is ultimately only as smart as your internet.
Manage your home Wi-Fi network with the AT&T Smart Home Manager app
The Smart Home Manager app is an exciting tool for managing your home internet. It lets you do things like find your Wi-Fi password, change your Wi-Fi network name, check the number of devices currently connected to your network, set parental controls, and even look for solutions to common technical issues.1
1 AT&T Smart Home Manager is available to AT&T Internet service customers with a compatible AT&T Wi-Fi Gateway. Parental Controls and Data Usage features available with BGW210, 5268AC and NVG599 Wi-Fi Gateways.
Manage family screen time with easy parental controls
AT&T Smart Home Manager has parental control features2 that lets you choose how your family uses your home network. You can do things such as set profiles, create usage time limits, and more. It’s a great way for parents to get some peace of mind about their children’s internet habits.
Make the most of your home Wi-Fi network with AT&T Smart Wi-Fi extenders
If you feel happy with your internet service overall but have difficulty getting service in certain parts of your home, you might want to consider a Wi-Fi extender (sold separately). These devices help expand your Wi-Fi signal and reduce weak spots or dead zones in your home.
With Smart Home Manager, you can follow these four steps to see if you might be able to benefit from adding AT&T Smart Wi-Fi extenders.
1. Open Smart Home Manager and select Tools.
2. Choose Do I need Smart Wi-Fi extenders?
3. Answer the questions shown.
4. Select GET RECOMMENDATION.