If you have a home security alarm or health monitoring system, we recommend professional installation due to certain technical issues that may arise during installation.Self-installation
If you’re installing your new services on your own:
- Track your equipment - When we ship your equipment, we’ll send you an email and voice message or text message with a link to track your package.
- Wait for service activation - Your service will be activated by 2 p.m. on your service activation date.
- Install your equipment - After your service activation, disconnect your AT&T DSL equipment and install your new Internet equipment using the provided instructions.
As a current customer upgrading your internet service, you'll experience limited downtime of your telephone line and Internet service. Your telephone service will be restored automatically. You'll need to connect the new equipment provided in your self-installation kit to restore your Internet service.Want a technician to install your service instead?
and enter the phone number associated with your account. Say I need to schedule an installation appointment for my Internet service
when prompted. We'll make all the arrangements and explain the applicable charges.Professional installation
If a technician will be installing your service:
- Prior to your installation date - You'll receive appointment reminders (email and voice message or text) with the date and time the tech will install your new AT&T service.
- On your installation date - You’ll receive another reminder about your appointment. When the tech arrives he or she will install your new equipment and help you through the registration process if you haven’t already registered.
During registration you’ll be presented with the Internet Terms of Service
which you’ll have to accept to use the service. You can view them any time at att.com/internet-terms
. Need to change your appointment?
We know schedules change. Sign in
to see or change your appointment or call 800.288.2020
and say change installation