We recommend professional installation if you have a home alarm or health monitoring system. This is due to technical issues that may arise.
If you’re installing your new services on your own:
- Track your equipment: When we ship your equipment, we’ll send you an email with a link to track your package. We’ll also leave a voice message or send a text message.
- Wait for service activation: Your service will be activated by 2 p.m. on your service activation date.
- Install your equipment: After your service is activated, you will have to disconnect your AT&T DSL equipment. Then you can install your new internet equipment with the provided instructions.
As a current customer, your telephone and internet service will see limited downtime. Your telephone service will be restored automatically. To restore internet service, connect the new equipment in your self-installation kit.Want a technician to install your service?
, and enter the phone number linked to your account. Say I need to schedule an installation appointment for my internet service
at the prompt. We'll take care of all the details, and explain the applicable charges.
If a technician will be installing your service:
- Prior to your installation date - You'll get reminders (email and voice message or text) with the date and time of your appointment.
- On your installation date - You’ll get a reminder about your appointment. The tech will install your new equipment and help you through the registration process, if you haven’t already registered.
During registration, you’ll see the Internet Terms of Service
, which you’ll have to accept to use the service. You can view them any time at att.com/internet-terms
.Need to change your appointment?
We know schedules change. Sign in
to see or change your appointment or call 800.288.2020
and say change installation