Remote control help via the Troubleshoot & Resolve tool
- Press Menu on your U-verse TV remote control.
- Use the arrow keys and scroll down to Help, then press OK.
- Scroll down to Information, and press OK.
- Scroll right and select Troubleshoot & Resolve.
- Select TV from the top menu.
- Choose DVR and follow the prompts.
Recorded picture freezes or program missing
- Press and hold the POWER button for 5 seconds to reboot your DVR. All the lights on the DVR will go out.
- Press the POWER button again to turn the DVR on.
- Press the Recorded TV button on your U-verse TV remote to select your recorded program.
Show still missing? Your program may not have saved the first time you scheduled a recording. Or, someone else in your home may have canceled or deleted the program from another receiver or mobile app.
For more help, try our online Troubleshoot and Resolve tool
Recorded program skips
Try to skip back and replay, or stop and restart the recording. If that doesn't work, reboot your DVR receiver by pressing and holding the POWER
button for 5 seconds. Then, press the POWER
button again to turn the DVR on.
Program didn't record
- Confirm your recording settings by pressing the Menu button on your remote. Select Recordings, and then the Scheduled menu option. Press OK to validate your settings.
- Make sure you didn’t select the Record Only When No Conflict Occurs option when scheduling a series for recording. If you did, it prevents the DVR from recording an episode if another program is scheduled to record at the same time.
- Try to remember if you used the Record button while you were using the on-screen guide. If so, you may have pressed it too many times or recorded from the wrong channel. Pressing the Record button:
- 1 time—sets a single recording
- 2 times—sets the series for that channel in that time slot
- 3 times—cancels the recordings
DVR restore option
Learn how you can restore your U-verse DVR without deleting recorded programs