How it works
AT&T Messages uses your AT&T wireless number, so message recipients always know the message is from you. With AT&T Messages, you can:
- Send and receive text, picture, and video messages from your tablet.
- Continue the conversation when you switch devices.
- Back up your text and picture messages in the cloud.
To use AT&T Messages, you'll have to have a wireless account with text messaging.
Heads up: AT&T PREPAIDSM
, other prepaid services, and iPad®
1 aren't compatible. We suggest with unlimited messaging for AT&T Messages.AT&T Messages on iPad
prevents AT&T Messages from delivering your text messages. When you use AT&T Messages, you'll have to turn off iMessage on all your iOS®
Other messaging features
- From your iPad home screen, select Settings, then Messages, and turn iMessage off.
- After you sign out of AT&T Messages, turn iMessage back on.
AT&T Messages doesn't support messages sent using third-party IP-based messaging services.AT&T Messages on Android tablets
tablets can also use AT&T Messages Backup & Sync
. This feature is integrated into select smartphone messaging apps (no download required).