Traveling outside of the U.S.? No worries. You can use Wi-Fi Calling
to stay connected. To use it, you must have:
- A Wi-Fi® internet connection
- A compatible AT&T wireless phone or AT&T PREPAID phone with Wi-Fi turned on and an eligible plan
- An AT&T wireless or AT&T PREPAIDSM account set up for HD Voice
When using Wi-Fi Calling, we bill you based on the number you call—no matter whether you’re using Wi-Fi®
at home or while traveling abroad. This means that:
- You can call U.S. numbers with no additional charge. Plus, it won't count as voice airtime usage.
- We bill calls to a number outside of the U.S. as an international long distance call – even if you bought an international plan. If you’re traveling abroad, this includes calls to the country you’re in.
- When you call 411 and other premium numbers, we bill you at standard premium rates.
Starting November 1, 2021, AT&T 411 Directory Assistance won't be available on your wireless device.
To avoid unexpected international long distance charges when outside of the U.S., use Wi-Fi Calling only for calls to the U.S. Be sure to turn off Wi-Fi Calling for all other calls if you have an international talk, text, and data plan.