When using NumberSync to make or receive calls to:
- The U.S., Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands – We won't deduct from your smartphone plan minutes, even if you're traveling abroad and call a U.S. number.
- An international number – We charge international long distance rates based on your smartphone plan or international option. It doesn’t matter where the call originates.
Data charges apply if your secondary device isn’t connected to Wi-Fi to make or receive NumberSync calls. This includes standard U.S. data rates for domestic use and international data rates when traveling abroad.
You’ll find a summary of NumberSync calls in the Voice Usage Summary
section of your bill. The call detail section provides a rate code for each call:
- WIFI - Indicates Wi-Fi calls from your primary iPhone device
- NBSY - Indicates NumberSync calls from secondary devices
If your secondary device is with another wireless carrier, the following applies:
- Mobile data: Usage and charges are based on your data plan with the other carrier. International data usage rates are based on the rates determined by that carrier. Applicable usage and charges will appear on the other carrier’s bill, not your AT&T bill.
Usage is the same as a secondary device purchased from us. Applicable international long distance will appear on your AT&T bill.
See all important details
- NumberSync doesn’t support calls to 211, 311, 511, or 811.
- NumberSync isn’t available for use in China, Cuba, North Korea, India, Iran, Israel, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, and Vietnam.