Explore tips and tools to help your family make safe and positive connections on all screens.
Techbuzz family hub
Stay up to date on the latest phone tips and tricks, buying guides and device how to’s.
Family Media Plan
Create a personalized Family Media Plan to help you and your children set media priorities that matter most to your family.
AT&T SECURE FAMILYTM APP
Keep your family protected
- Track your kid’s location in real time
- Get alerts when they enter or leave a location
- Block or limit internet access at specified times
- Filter inappropriate apps and websites by age range
- Try it for 30 days—on us
- At what age should kids have phones?When to give your child their first cell phone is an important (and sometimes difficult) decision. While the average kid in the U.S. gets a phone in late elementary or early middle school, this decision is not just about age. It’s about your child’s developmental maturity and your family’s values. It’s also about the steps you can take to help your child develop a healthy relationship with technology, starting with the responsible use of their first phone. AT&T has teamed up with the American Academy of Pediatrics to create the PhoneReady Quiz. Visit AT&T ScreenReady® and take the PhoneReady Quiz to assess your child’s cell phone readiness and help you decide if you and your child are PhoneReady.
- What are the best cell phones for kids?
No matter what phone you purchase for your child, you can take steps to help ensure that your child has a safe and positive experience with their new device. Here are some tips resources to get started:
1. Set parental controls on your child’s cell phone. Visit AT&T ScreenReady® to find parental control guides for devices and common apps.
2. Make your own Family Media Plan to create goals and rules about technology use in line with your family’s values. Make your plan at HealthyChildren.org
3. If your child is old enough to drive, have a strict "no phone use while driving" policy. Visit ItCanWait.com and take the pledge to drive distraction free.
4. Talk frequently with your child about what they see and experience online. Visit AT&T ScreenReady® and HealthyChildren.org for tips and information to have ongoing conversations with your child to keep them safe and healthy, online and off.
5. If you are not yet ready to let your child have a phone yet, that’s OK! Visit AT&T ScreenReady® for more information and take the PhoneReady Quiz to help you make the decision that’s right for your family.
- Should I consider handing my old phone down to my child?Preparing a used device for its new young owner can be a little tricky. Visit AT&T ScreenReady® for all the steps you'll need to make that happen, including how to remove all your old stuff, set it up with built-in limits, find safe, useful apps, and have a conversation about responsible phone use. Click here: https://screenready.att.com/resources/handing-down-your-phone-heres-what-you-need-to-know/
Find the right phones for your kids with AT&T
Are you shopping for phones for your children? There are lots of reasons why you might want to. Maybe you want to keep better track of them. Maybe they are getting older and looking to be more independent. Or maybe your child broke a previous device and now you are looking for an affordable replacement. No matter what your family’s needs are, you can find the right plans, devices, and services with AT&T.
Protect your devices
Accidents happen, especially when kids are involved. Sometimes kids break or lose valuable things. It’s part of life. Luckily, AT&T offers device protection that helps you protect your purchase after a device is lost, stolen, or broken.
Hand down your old phone
Have you been looking to upgrade your device? AT&T makes it easy for you to pass your old phone down to a family member and add them to your phone plan. It’s a great option for parents who want to stay in contact with their child without buying a new device.
Save money with AT&T Certified Restored
With AT&T Certified Restored devices, you can get the same great phones and tablets at a reduced price. When a customer returns a phone to AT&T, we put it through a rigorous restoration process to ensure a high level of quality. Refurbished phones are a perfect option for children and teens. The reduced cost makes it easier to justify getting a device for a child, who may be more likely to lose or damage it than an adult.
Protect your family with mobile security from AT&T
Knowing that your kid has a phone for easy contact can give you peace of mind, but there are also some challenges that come with digital life. That’s why AT&T provides services and software to help protect your family.
The AT&T Secure Family App helps do things like monitor your child’s location, manage your kids’ screen time, and filter out inappropriate content with parental controls.
AT&T even provides family-focused tips and resources within a dedicated family content hub to help you get the most out of your family’s technology and keep your family safe.