In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• Make a video call
• Respond to an incoming video call
• Change call type
• Video call options
• Enable or disable video call
A video call can be made through the Keypad in the Phone app or through the Contacts list in the Contacts app. To make a video call through the Keypad, enter the desired number then select the Video Call icon. Select the desired video call method.
Note: If you make a call to someone on a different mobile operator that interoperates with AT&T, the Call icon may not turn green/blue until they set up HD Voice. The Video call icon appears if the person has the capability to receive a video call and is faded out if the person does not have the capability to receive a video call.
Select and drag the desired icon.
• ACCEPT VOICE CALL: Select and drag the Voice only icon in any direction to accept a voice call.
• ACCEPT VIDEO CALL: Accept the voice call, then select the Video call icon from the in-call options.
• DECLINE CALL: Select and drag the Decline icon in any direction to decline a call.
• DECLINE WITH MESSAGE: Select and drag Send message up to decline the call with a message.
Switch between a HD Voice and Video call.
• SWITCH TO A VOICE CALL: While on a video call, select Voice call.
• SWITCH TO A VIDEO CALL: From a voice call, select the Video call icon.
Note: When switching from a Voice to Video call, the person you are on the phone with will have the option to accept or reject the change from an HD Voice Call to a Video Call.
Select the screen, then select the desired option.
• ENABLE/DISABLE YOUR CAMERA: Select My video icon to enable or disable your camera.
• SWITCH BETWEEN FRONT & REAR CAMERAS: Select the Switch icon.
• ADD A VIDEO CALL: Select the Menu icon, then select Add call.
Note: You can add up to 5 people to the video call. The person talking is shown on screen. Group video calling may not work for those using a different mobile operator.
From the Phone app, select the Menu icon > Settings > Video call switch.
Note: Video Call is turned on by default. When Video Call is off, incoming Video Calls will appear as voice calls. Group video calling may not work for those using a different mobile operator.
Certain restrictions, requirements or limitations may apply for this feature/service. For more details, visit AT&T Video Call.