Say goodbye to overage charges. Instead, we’ll just slow your speed to 128 Kbps (2G speeds) for all lines on your account if you use all your data in a bill period.3
Your speed goes back to normal when your next bill period starts.
Reduced data speeds
If we slow your data speed, you can still view websites and check email. But, some activities may not work fully at slower speeds, including:
- Audio and video streaming
- Picture and video messaging
- Interactive gaming
- Downloading and uploading large files
- Using Sponsored Data®
For more info on data speeds, check out att.com/broadbandinfo
Advanced data usage notifications and options
We automatically send courtesy text messages and emails when you’ve used 75% and 100% of your data allowance. Plus, we send it to all your phones so you can adjust your data use to avoid reduced speeds.
If you use 100% of your data allowance and want faster speeds, you’ve got options:
- Use Wi-Fi® instead of mobile data until the next bill period. Your plan data resets when the next bill period starts, and your data speed will return to normal.
- Switch to a plan with more data before the end of the bill period. You’ll get a new data allowance with normal speeds after you switch. To switch your plan, go to your account overview. Open the My wireless section, then select Manage my plan or See my plan and features. We’ll backdate your plan as long as it doesn't have an account or service change.
- Get tips on how to manage your data use. Examples include, temporarily turning off data for specific devices or using Wi-Fi to reduce mobile data use.