Let’s get started
Before you activate your phone:
- Locate your AT&T phone number on your Order Confirmation slip that came in your shipment.
- Locate your IMEI and SIM (ICCID) numbers.
- Transfer your contacts, photos, and videos from your old device to your new device.
- Use the SIM that came with your new phone to have the best possible experience. If you use another SIM card, you may not be able to utilize some features of your new phone.
Note: Look for your SIM (ICCID) number on your box or SIM card
Now you’re ready to activate your phone
1. Start with your new device powered off.
2. Choose from the following options:
Option 1 If you're a new customer and not transferring your number from another provider, skip to Step 3.
Option 2 If you're transferring your number from another provider, or activating a new or replacement device, please go to the AT&T Phone Activation site.
3. Turn your new device on and follow the setup prompts.
4. Make a test call or try connecting to the Internet or email.
5. Set up voicemail.
New customers Go to Set up Visual Voicemail to create a voicemail password and greeting.
Current customers If you've recently changed your device or SIM card, you may need your existing voicemail password to set up voicemail on your new device. Forgot your password? Go to Reset voicemail password page.
6. Go to Device Support to learn how to use and troubleshoot your device:
- Set up your email.
- Get help with common issues like blocking unwanted calls or accessing the Internet.
- Manage settings for data usage, Wi-Fi, and Hotspots.
Thank you for choosing AT&T.
Activating another device? Go to the Activate your device page.
AT&T helpful support resources
Manage your account online.
Download the app to manage your AT&T account.
View our no-hassle return
policy and exchange information.
Send us your old device for value
toward the latest accessories,
devices, or to pay your bill.
View step-by-step instructions
to help you set up your voicemail,
email, and manage your phone.
Learn how to transfer your
contacts, photos, and videos
from your old device to your