An eSIM gives you more flexibility to manage your wireless plan and eSIM-compatible device.
• You download an eSIM and activate it, so you don’t have to manage a physical SIM card.
• For Apple devices with eSIM capabilities, you don’t have to order a card or go to a store to get one.
• Some devices with eSIM capabilities can support more than one phone number.
Choose your device type for instructions.
While setting up your iPhone, you might have to install an AT&T cellular plan. If so, follow the prompts to download your eSIM.
If you didn’t install the cellular plan during setup, follow these instructions:
1. Open Settings.
2. Select AT&T Cellular Plan Ready to be Installed. (It may be inside the More for Your iPhone notification group.)
3. Follow the prompts.
Don’t see a notification? You might have to activate your iPhone first.Did you receive an eSIM activation card with a QR code from AT&T? Learn how to download your eSIM with the QR code.
- Samsung smartphone
You’ll need a Wi-Fi connection on your phone and an eSIM activation card with a QR code from AT&T. To download your eSIM, open your camera app, point the camera at the QR code, and follow the prompts.
If you can’t scan the QR code with your camera, follow these steps:
1. Open Settings.
2. Select Connections.
3. Select SIM card manager.
4. Select Add mobile plan.
5. Follow the prompts to scan the QR code on your eSIM activation card from AT&T.
If your Samsung smartphone still doesn’t have wireless service, activate your device.
- Google smartphone
Make sure you have an eSIM activation card with a QR code from AT&T.
Follow these steps on your phone:
1. Connect to Wi-Fi®.
2. Open Settings.
3. Choose Network & Internet.
4. Select the plus sign (+) next to Mobile network.
5. Select Download a SIM instead.
6. Follow the prompts to scan the QR code on your eSIM activation card from AT&T.
If your phone still doesn’t have wireless service, activate your device.