You can fix many common internet issues by restarting your Wi-Fi®
gateway. Here’s how:
- Unplug the power cord from the back of your gateway or modem. If you have:
- An internal battery backup, remove it.
- DSL service, unplug your telephone cord from your modem or gateway
- Wait 20 seconds.
- Put the internal battery back in, if applicable.
- Plug the power cord back in. If you have DSL service, reconnect the telephone cord.
- Wait up to 10 minutes for the gateway or modem to restart and your Broadband light to turn solid green.
Sometimes widespread issues affect entire areas. Find out if there’s an outage affecting your service.Check for outages
Having trouble checking your email online or going to your favorite web pages? We can help.
Have your user ID and password handy to sign in.Fix slow browsing issues
Gateway status lights
Your status lights give you valuable info about your internet status.Learn what your lights mean
If you have a new device or just need your Wi-Fi info, we can help:
Issues with other services
Streaming video? Listening to your favorite tunes? Each connected device in your home uses your internet and affects its speed.Optimize your connection