After you add another account to your user ID, you can do these things:
- Sign in with 1 ID to manage multiple accounts.
- Have either primary or secondary online access to the account you added.
Primary and secondary online access differs in the following ways:
- One user ID has primary online access to the account and can manage requests for secondary access.
- Secondary access users can co-manage the account online and perform most of the same functions as the user with primary access.
- Multiple users can have secondary access to an account.
If you have an AT&T user ID with an AT&T email address associated with it, be aware of the following information:
- The password will be the same on att.com and att.net.
- You can sign in with your user ID or email address to manage your account or check your email.
- If you change your password, it changes for both your user ID and your email address. Learn more about shared passwords troubleshooting.
- For security purposes, we recommend that you change your password often and use a new password each time.