In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• Access sound settings
• Adjust the volume
• Enable silent or vibrate mode
• Change notification sound
• Enable or disable keyboard sounds
• Turn Do Not Disturb mode on or off
Access sound settings
To change sound settings, from the home screen select the Settings app then select Sounds & Haptics.
Adjust the volume
Press the Volume buttons on the left side of the device to adjust media or call volume.
You can also adjust the volume from the Sounds & Haptics screen. Select and drag the Volume slider as desired. To enable or disable changing the volume with buttons, select the Change with Buttons switch.
Enable silent or vibrate mode
SILENT MODE: To enable silent mode, toggle the Ring/Silent switch on the left side of your iPhone.
VIBRATE MODE: To enable or disable haptics, from the Sounds & Haptics screen, scroll to and select the Play Haptics in Ring Mode switch or the Play Haptics in Silent Mode switch to enable or disable as desired.
Change notification sound
From the Sounds & Haptics screen, scroll to and select the desired notification then select the desired sound. Select the Back arrow when finished.
Note: For steps to assign a ringtone to a contact, view the Contacts tutorial.
Enable or disable keyboard sounds
From the Sounds & Haptics screen, select Keyboard Feedback then select the Sound switch.
Turn Do Not Disturb mode on or off
1. To quickly enable Do Not Disturb, swipe down from the upper right corner of the screen to access the Control Center. Select Focus, then select Do Not Disturb.
Note: When Do Not Disturb is enabled, calls and notifications will be silenced. Learn more from Apple support: Use Do Not Disturb on iPhone.
2. When Do Not Disturb is enabled, a Do Not Disturb icon will be displayed on the Lock screen, notification bar and Control Center.