Create and respond to text (SMS), Advanced Messaging, or picture (MMS) messages, add, save, and view received attachments and more.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• Access messages
• Compose and send a message
• Read and respond to a new message
• Delete a message
When a new message is received, the New Message icon will display in the Notification bar.
From the home screen, select the Messaging app.
1. From the Messaging app, select the Add icon.
2. Compose and send a message using the following options as desired:
• ENTER RECIPIENT: Select the 'To' field to enter the desired number. Select the Contacts icon to add a number from the contacts list.
• ENTER MESSAGE: Select the 'Enter message' field to enter the desired message.
• ADD ATTACHMENT: Select the Add icon and follow the prompts to add an attachment.
• SEND A MESSAGE: When finished composing a message, select the Send icon to send the message.
Note: To create a Group Message, from the 'To' field, enter additional recipients.
From the Messaging inbox, select the desired message thread.
VIEW/SAVE AN ATTACHMENT: To view an attachment, select the desired attachment. To save an attachment, select and hold the desired attachment then select Save attachment.
RESPOND TO A MESSAGE: Select the desired option.
• REPLY: Enter the desired message in the 'Enter message' field, then select the Send icon.
• FORWARD: Select and hold the desired message, then select Forward and follow the prompts to forward a message.
From the desired message thread, select and hold the desired message then select Delete. Select Delete again to confirm.
DELETE MESSAGE THREAD: From the Messaging screen, select and hold the desired message thread then select Delete. Select Delete to confirm.
If Advanced Messaging is turned on and you are messaging another device using the most recent version of Advanced Messaging (2020) from AT&T, you can share files up to 100MB, get read receipts, and see when someone is replying. If Advanced Messaging is turned off you can share files up to 1 MB. To learn more, visit att.com/advancedmessaging.
By default, attachments will be saved to the Downloads folder in the Gallery app. To view saved attachments, from the home screen select the Gallery app > Albums > Download.
Great! We're so glad we could help.
We're sorry that didn't solve your issue.