In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• Set a security lock
• Change lock type
• Change lock screen timeout
• Lock and unlock device
• Request your device be unlocked from the AT&T network
Set a security lock
1. Swipe down from the Notification bar
with two fingers, then select the Settings icon
. Select Security
2. Select Face Unlock
, then select the desired backup screen lock method
and follow the prompts to complete set up.
Note: If you choose Pattern lock, you will have to factory reset your device if you forget your Pattern lock. Visit the Reset Device tutorial for alternate reset instructions.
3. Edit Lock screen notification settings
as desired, then select Done
Change lock type
From the Security screen, select Screen lock > enter your current pattern lock > select the desired screen lock type and follow prompts to complete set up.
Change lock screen timeout
1. From the Security & location screen, select the Settings icon next to Screen lock.
2. Select Lock after screen timeout, then select the desired timeout duration.
Lock and unlock device
• LOG IN USING THE SECURITY LOCK: If using face unlock, raise your phone in front of your face to unlock your phone. To use your backup screen lock, from the lock screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen then enter your backup screen lock.
• LOCK DEVICE: Press the Power/Lock button located on the right side of the device.
Request your device be unlocked from the AT&T network