Change volume settings, ringtones, and notification alerts.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• Access sound settings
• Adjust volume
• Enable silent or vibrate mode
• Change notification sound
• Enable or disable keyboard sounds
• Turn Do Not Disturb mode on or off
To change sound settings, from the home screen select the Settings app then scroll to and select Sounds.
Press the Volume buttons on the left side of the device to adjust media or call volume.
You can also adjust the volume from the Sounds screen. Select and drag the slider to adjust as desired. To enable or disable changing the volume with buttons, select the Change with Buttons switch.
To enable silent mode, toggle the Ring/Silent switch on the left side of your iPhone.
To enable or disable Vibrate on Ring or Vibrate on Silent, from the Sounds screen, select the desired switch.
From the Sounds screen, scroll to and select the desired notification then select the desired sound.
Note: For steps to assign a ringtone to a contact, view the Contacts tutorial.
From the Sounds screen, scroll to and select the Keyboard Clicks switch.
1. From the settings screen, scroll to and select Do Not Disturb. Select the Do Not Disturb switch to turn Do Not Disturb on or off.
Note: When Do Not Disturb is enabled, calls and notifications will be silenced. To quickly enable Do Not Disturb, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to access the Control Center then select the Do Not Disturb icon. Learn more from Apple support: Use Do Not Disturb on iPhone.
2. When Do Not Disturb is enabled, a Do Not Disturb notification will be displayed on the Lock screen.
Great! We're so glad we could help.
We're sorry that didn't solve your issue.