Control your device by making specific movements with your hand.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• Open an app
• View or close a running app
• Zoom in or out
• Lock the screen orientation
• View notifications or widgets
• Move an app
• Add or remove a folder
• Reset home screen layout
1. Select an app to open it. Press the Home button to return to the Home screen.
2. Swipe left or right to see other home screens. The dots above the Dock show how many Home screens you have, and which one you're viewing.
1. Press the Home button twice.
2. Swipe left or right to see more. To switch to another app, select the desired app.
3. If an app isn't working properly, you can force it to quit in the multi-tasking display by selecting and dragging the desired app to the top of the screen.
With two fingers on the screen, move fingers apart to zoom in and pinch fingers together to move out.
Note: You can also double-select a photo to zoom in, and double-select again to zoom out.
To lock the screen in portrait orientation, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open Control Center then select the Screen Orientation Lock icon.
To view recent Push Notifications, swipe down from the top of the screen. From the Notifications panel, swipe right to view your widgets.
1. Select and hold any app on the home screen, then select Edit Home Screen.
2. Select and drag the desired app to the desired location. When finished, press the Home button to save your arrangement.
1. While arranging apps, drag one app onto another. To rename the folder, select the name of the folder then select the X icon. Enter the desired folder name, then select done when finished.
2. Press the Home button when finished.
3. To delete a folder, select and hold an app then select Edit Home Screen. When the apps are shaking, drag all apps out of the folder. The folder will be deleted automatically.
Note: Press the Home button when finished.
From the home screen select the Settings app > scroll to and select General > Reset > select Reset Home Screen Layout > Reset Home Screen.
Great! We're so glad we could help.
We're sorry that didn't solve your issue.