Create and respond to text (SMS) or picture (MMS) messages, add, save, and view received attachments and more.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• Access messages
• Compose & send a message
• Read & respond to a new message
• Pin a message thread
• Delete a message
When a new message is received, the New Message icon will display in the Notification bar.
1. From the home screen, select the Messaging app.
2. Select the Compose message icon.
Compose and send a message using the following options as desired:
• ENTER RECIPIENT: Select the 'Recipient' field to enter a recipient. Select the Add icon to select a recipient in your Contacts list.
• ENTER MESSAGE: Select the 'Enter message' field to enter the desired message.
• ADD ATTACHMENT: Select the Arrow icon then select the Photo icon, Camera icon, or Add icon to add the desired attachment, then follow the prompts to complete.
• SEND A MESSAGE: When finished composing a message, select the Send icon to send the message.
Note: To add additional recipient(s) and create a Group Message, enter or select the additional contact(s), then select the 'Enter message' field. To remove recipient(s), select the Remove icon to delete the desired contact(s).
From the Messaging inbox, select the desired message thread.
VIEW/SAVE AN ATTACHMENT: To view an attachment, select the desired attachment. To save an attachment, select and hold the desired attachment then select Save attachment.
RESPOND TO A MESSAGE: Select the desired option:
• REPLY: Enter the desired message in the 'Enter message' field, then select the Send icon.
• FORWARD: Select and hold the desired message, then select Forward and follow the prompts to forward a message.
From the messages screen, select and hold the desired message thread then select the More icon. Select Pin to top.
From the desired message thread, select and hold the desired message then select Delete. Select the desired message(s), then select the Delete icon.
Note: You will be prompted to select Move to Trash to confirm.
DELETE MESSAGE THREAD: From the Messages screen, select and hold the desired message thread then select the Delete all icon. Select Move to Trash to confirm.
If Advanced Messaging is turned on and you are messaging another device using the most recent version of Advanced Messaging (2019) from AT&T, you can share files up to 100MB, get read receipts, and see when someone is replying. If Advanced Messaging is turned off you can share files up to 1 MB. To learn more, visit att.com/advancedmessaging.
By default, attachments will be saved to the Downloads folder in the Gallery app. To view saved attachments, from the home screen select the Gallery app > Albums tab > Downloads.