Learn how to add emergency contacts, turn on safety check and notify your emergency contacts of your location.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• Access Personal Safety
• Set up Personal Safety
• Turn on Safety check
• Turn on Emergency sharing
• Access Personal Safety settings
From the home screen, swipe up from the center of the screen to access the Apps tray, then navigate to and select the Personal Safety app.
Note: Personal Safety app features are dependent upon network connectivity and other factors
and may not be reliable for emergency communications or available in all areas. For more
information, see g.co/pixel/personalsafety.
1. Select Continue as to continue as the Google account registered on the device, or select Use without an account then follow the prompts.
2. Select Add contact, then select the desired Emergency contacts.
3. Once you've selected your desired contacts, select Next.
4. Select the desired option to add the desired medical information, then select Done.
1. From the Personal safety screen, select Safety check. Enter the desired Reason and Duration, then select Next.
Note: Safety check will alert your emergency contacts that you failed to check in with the Personal safety app.
2. Select the desired emergency contact to alert, then select Turn on.
3. To turn Safety check off, select Stop. Select Turn off to confirm.
Note: In case of an emergency, you can select Call 911 or Emergency sharing.
1. From the desired event, select Emergency sharing. Select the desired emergency contact to share your location with, then select Share and follow the prompts.
Note: Emergency sharing allows you to share your location with your emergency contacts for up to 24 hours or until you turn it off.
2. To turn off Emergency sharing, select Stop. Select Stop sharing to confirm.
From the Personal safety screen, select the Settings icon. Editing settings as desired.
Great! We're so glad we could help.
We're sorry that didn't solve your issue.