Create and respond to text (SMS), Advanced Messaging, or picture (MMS) messages, add, save, and view received attachments and more.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• Access messages
• Compose & send a message
• Read & respond to a new message
• Pin a message thread
• Delete a message
When a new message is received, the New Message icon will display in the Notification bar.
From the home screen, select the Messages app.
1. Select Start chat. Select the 'To' field, then enter or select the desired recipient.
Note: To create a Group Message, select Create group under the 'To' field. Select all desired contacts. When finished, select Next to name and create the group.
2. Compose and send a message using the following options as desired:
• ENTER RECIPIENT: Select the 'Recipient' field to enter a recipient. Select the add Add recipient icon to select a recipient in your Contacts list.
• ENTER MESSAGE: Select the 'Text message' field, then enter the desired message.
• ADD ATTACHMENT: Select the Add icon to attach a GIF, sticker, location, contact, or file. Select the Attach photo icon to attach a photo from the gallery or to take a picture.
• SEND A MESSAGE: When finished composing a message, select the Send icon to send the message.
From the Messaging inbox, select the desired message thread.
VIEW/SAVE AN ATTACHMENT: To view an attachment, select the desired attachment. To save an attachment, select and hold the desired attachment > select the Menu icon > Save.
RESPOND TO A MESSAGE: Select the desired option.
• REPLY: Enter the desired message in the 'Text message' field, then select the Send icon.
• FORWARD: Select and hold the desired message > Menu icon > Forward and follow the prompts to forward a message.
From the Messaging screen, select and hold the desired message thread, then select the Pin icon.
From the desired message thread, select and hold the desired message, then select the Delete icon. Select Delete again to confirm.
DELETE MESSAGE THREAD: From the Messaging screen, select and hold the desired message thread, then select the Delete icon. Select Delete to confirm.
By default, attachments will be saved to the Messages folder in the Photos app. To view saved attachments, from the home scren, swipe up to access the apps tray > Google Photos app > Library tab > Messages.
Great! We're so glad we could help.
We're sorry that didn't solve your issue.