In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• Set a security lock
• Set up Fingerprint Unlock
• Change lock type
• Change lock screen timeout
• Lock and unlock device
• Request your device be unlocked from the AT&T network
1. Swipe down from the Notification bar with two fingers, then select the Settings icon. Select Security & privacy.
2. Select Device unlock > Screen lock, then select the desired backup screen lock method and follow the prompts to complete set up.
Note: If you choose Pattern lock, you will have to factory reset your device if you forget your Pattern lock. Visit the Reset Device tutorial for alternate reset instructions.
3. Edit Lock screen notification settings as desired, then select Done.
1. From the Security & privacy screen, select Fingerprint Unlock. Review and scroll through the Set up Fingerprint Unlock prompt, then select I agree to continue.
2. Select Start and follow the prompt to complete setup. When finished, select Done.
From the Security & privacy screen, select Screen lock > enter your current pattern lock > select the desired screen lock type and follow prompts to complete setup.
1. From the Security & privacy screen, select the Settings icon next to Screen lock.
2. Select Lock after screen timeout, then select the desired timeout duration.
• LOG IN USING THE SECURITY LOCK: If using fingerprint unlock, place your finger on the fingerprint sensor located on the screen. To use your backup screen lock, from the lock screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen, then enter your backup screen lock.
• LOCK DEVICE: Press the Power/Lock button located on the right side of the device.
To learn more about requesting a device unlock for your AT&T mobile device so that it can operate on another compatible wireless network, visit www.att.com/deviceunlock. If your device is locked and is requesting a "PUK" code, click here for instructions on how to obtain your PUK or PUK2 code to unlock your SIM card.
Great! We're so glad we could help.
We're sorry that didn't solve your issue.