Create and respond to text (SMS) or picture (MMS) messages, add, save, and view received attachments and more.
In this tutorial you will learn how to:
• Access messages
• Compose & send a message
• Read & respond to a new message
• Delete a message
When a new message is received, the New Message icon will display in the Notification bar.
1. From the home screen, select the AT&T Messages app.
2. Select the Compose message icon.
From the Messaging inbox, select the desired message thread.
VIEW AN ATTACHMENT: To view an attachment, select the desired attachment.
SAVE AN ATTACHMENT: To save an attachment, select and hold the desired attachment then select Download.
RESPOND TO A MESSAGE: Select the desired option.
• REPLY: Enter the desired message in the 'Write a message...' field, then select the Send icon.
• FORWARD: Select and hold the desired message, then select Forward and follow the prompts to forward a message.
From the desired message thread, select and hold the desired message then select Delete.
Note: You will be prompted to select Delete again to confirm.
DELETE MESSAGE THREAD: From the Messages screen, select the Delete icon next to the desired message thread. Select Delete to confirm.
By default, attachments will be saved to the Downloads folder in the Gallery app. To view saved attachments, from the home screen select the Gallery app > Albums > Downloads.
Great! We're so glad we could help.
We're sorry that didn't solve your issue.