Making phone service even more affordable.
Because phone service is so important in today's world, AT&T believes everyone should have access to it. Lifeline Illinois makes basic phone service even more affordable for qualified customers by providing qualified customers with discounted phone service and the ability to add additional services and features.
To qualify for Lifeline Illinois, a household must participate in one of the following:
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, formerly known as Food Stamps)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
- Low-income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- National School Free Lunch Program (NSL)
- Total household income at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. (See application for details)
The benefits of Lifeline Illinois include the following:
- $35.00 state discount on line connection
- Monthly discount on basic service of over $10.003
- Waiver of deposit for local service1
- Optional toll restriction at no charge1
- Optional blocking of 900/976 numbers
- Additional lines allowed2
- Optional services available (e.g., Caller ID, Call Waiting, etc.)
- Optional blocking of pay-per-use features
Please note the following:
- Lifeline is a federal benefit;
- To qualify, you must receive benefits from an approved program or your income must be at or below the guidelines;
- You must provide certain eligibility documentation and willfully making false statements to obtain the benefit can result in fines, imprisonment, de-enrollment or being barred from the program;
- Only one wireline or wireless Lifeline benefit is available per household;
- A household is defined, for purposes of the Lifeline program, as any individual or group of individuals who live together at the same address and share income and expenses;
- A household is not permitted to receive Lifeline benefits from multiple providers;
- Violation of the one-per-household limitation constitutes a violation of the Federal Communications Commission's rules and will result in the subscriber's de-enrollment from the program; and
- Lifeline is a non-transferable benefit and the subscriber may not transfer his or her benefit to any other person.
Download the Lifeline Illinois Application (176 KB) in PDF format.
Note: PDF format requires Adobe Acrobat Reader, available free.
Call 1-888-256-5378 to sign up for Lifeline Illinois today.
Weekdays, 7 am to 6 pm, Saturday, 7 am to 4 pm.
Es importante que usted entienda esta informacion. Si usted no lee el idioma ingles, por favor llame al 1-800-910-1030 para hablar directamente con un representante bilingue, o pida informacion a una de las organizaciones mencionada en este folleto.
1 Deposit waived on new local service only. If customer has outstanding toll debt, toll restriction required.
2 Lifeline Illinois plan benefits are only applicable on one phone line at the customer's principal place of residence.
3 Monthly discount not applicable for subscribers qualifying for Lifeline with LIHEAP, NSL or TANF programs.
Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. Some service restrictions may apply.
Check another location