Being connected is important in today's world, and AT&T believes people should have access to wireless service.
If you are in a qualifying low-income household, you may be able to reduce your bill by getting a Lifeline discount on your wireless phone, home phone, or internet service.
What is Lifeline?
Lifeline is a federal program that lowers the monthly cost of wireless phone, home phone, or internet service for qualifying customers. Eligible customers will get at least a $7.25 discount on their bill. Qualifying customers who live on federally recognized tribal lands may get up to an additional $25 discount.
You can get one Lifeline discount (wireless phone, home phone, or Internet, but only one service) per household, not per person, and a household can get a Lifeline discount from only one provider.
Do I qualify?
You may qualify for a Lifeline discount based on:
AT&T provides a Lifeline discount on wireless service in certain areas of the following states. Call for availability at your specific location. Additional information for your state is available by clicking on a link below.
AL AR ID KY LA MI MS ND OR SD TX WA WV Puerto Rico US Virgin Islands
For more information about where Lifeline discounts are available for your AT&T home phone or internet service, visit this page.
Qualifying customers will need to recertify every year to maintain their Lifeline discount. You’ll need to do this within 60 days of notification, or you’ll lose your Lifeline discount.
How do I apply?
- Oregon: Call the Oregon Telephone Assistance Program at 800.848.4442 or apply online for Lifeline. Call us directly at 800.377.9450 if you live on tribal lands in Oregon.
- Puerto Rico: Call 787.405.5463 (Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm AT).
- South Dakota (Pine Ridge): You must live on the Pine Ridge Reservation and be a member of the Pine Ridge Oglala Sioux tribe to qualify. Visit the Pine Ridge AT&T store (located at 1000 8th Street & Highway 18) to submit your application.
- Texas: Call 866.454.8387 to start the application process, or apply online. Please mail your application and proof of eligibility to the address on the application.
- Outside Oregon, Puerto Rico, South Dakota and Texas: Please apply online via the National Verifier. You can also download and print a copy of the application. Once you have applied and been approved by the National Verifier, call us at 800.377.9450 (Weekdays, 8am to 8pm, Eastern Time) to see if AT&T offers Lifeline at your location.
Additional Lifeline information
These features may not be available:
- Data services
- Text messaging
- Other enhanced services or features
- International long distance
- Access to 900 numbers
Other restrictions may apply. Please check your state-specific brochure for details.
No longer participating in Lifeline?
Don’t qualify for Lifeline anymore? If you’re removed from the program, we’ll automatically change your plan to the most favorable one available to you. You can choose another plan at att.com/myatt.
Additional terms and conditions
The Lifeline discount is subject to terms and conditions. You can find them in the Terms of Service, Rate Plan brochure, and Contract Rider in the application.