AT&T Store Redding Redding Hilltop Center
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Monday||10:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Tuesday||10:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Wednesday||10:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Thursday||10:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Friday||10:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Saturday||10:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Sunday||10:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
Our top priority is to keep our customers, employees, and communities safe. Here are some important updates on our stores’ policies and procedures and we appreciate your help keeping our communities safe and healthy.
• We’re offering Curbside service, touchless transactions and, where available, no-contact delivery with virtual set-up.
• We’re cleaning and sanitizing surfaces regularly, and hand sanitizer is available for employees and customers.
• Masks are required to be worn by employees, customers, and visitors in our stores and will be provided to anyone who needs one.
• Check out COVID-19: Our Response webpage for the latest information.
Special offers and new phones for Redding
Prepaid Phone Plans
Unlimited for $50/mo.Just open a new line on our $65/mo. plan and sign up for AutoPay & you’ll save $15 each month. Time for a prepaid phone plan in Redding?50.00/mo.AT&T may temporarily slow data speeds if the network is busy. First month service charge and taxes are due at sale. One-time activation fee of $15 if activating in a store. Other restrictions may apply. See details
About the Redding Store
- iPhone 12 & iPhone 12 Pro Max
- Cell Phones
- Wireless Plans and Setup
- Phone Activations
- Device Upgrade
- Device Protection
- TV & Entertainment
- Bill Pay and Setup
- Small Business Solutions
Cellphones, plans & accessories
AT&T PREPAIDExperience the freedom of AT&T PREPAID with plans that allow you to pay for usage in advance without tying you up in a long-term contract. Get unlimited talk & text in the U.S. and the data you need with no annual contract, no credit check, free shipping, and no activation fee for online orders. Shop AT&T prepaid phones for the premium brands you love or bring your own (BYOD) compatible device.
ACCESSORIESAT&T has the accessories you need to style & protect your devices. Rugged phone cases & sleek phone covers, chargers & batteries to keep you powered up, and speakers, headphones & headsets to keep you connected to your favorite audio, and more. Get free shipping, free returns, and in-store pickup – just order online by 4pm and it’ll be ready within two hours.
What our customers are saying
- October 20, 20201 out of 5Is there a reason a person might not be able to wear a face mask?
The CDC states that a person who has trouble breathing, is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the face mask without assistance should not wear a face mask or cloth face covering.
Examples of a person with a disability who might not be able to wear a face mask
Individuals with asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), or other respiratory disabilities may not be able to wear a face mask because of difficulty in or impaired breathing. People with respiratory disabilities should consult their own medical professional for advice about using face masks. The CDC also states that anyone who has trouble breathing should not wear a face mask.
[A woman fitting a face mask on a young child.]
People with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), severe anxiety, or claustrophobia (an abnormal fear of being in enclosed or narrow places), may feel afraid or terrified when wearing a face mask. These individuals may not be able to stay calm or function when wearing a face mask.
Some people with autism are sensitive to touch and texture.  Covering the nose and mouth with fabric can cause sensory overload, feelings of panic, and extreme anxiety.
A person who has cerebral palsy may have difficulty moving the small muscles in the hands, wrists, or fingers. Due to their limited mobility, they may not be able to tie the strings or put the elastic loops of a face mask over the ears. This means that the individual may not be able to put on or remove a face mask without assistance.
- October 8, 20201 out of 5Why are employees telling customers that the state borders are about to be closed when there is ZERO indication of that from any news or media outlets? Get your facts straight before you misinform people. Another piece of advice, have the employees stick to cell phones and cellular service, and not comment on things they don’t know to be true. THANKS HAVE A GREAT DAY.Response from AT&TOctober 9, 2020Hi Les W. This is not the experience we wanted you to have. Our goal is to provide a better experience in the future.
- April 10, 20195 out of 5One word - excellent. Redbluff store agent was knowledgeable and knew exactly what to do. A previous recent experience in San Luis Obispo (to buy a modem) was not as smooth, but ended well with an excellent product.
- April 1, 20194 out of 5Everyone there is awesomely cordial. It takes a while sometimes but they do their best to accommodate us all. Kudos to you. Do you like your butter plain or salted?
- March 4, 20195 out of 5Everything's explained well to tech inept people like me. The reps are patient and kick back but professional.