AT&T Store Lake City Lake City
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Monday||10:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Tuesday||10:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Wednesday||10:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Thursday||10:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Friday||10:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Saturday||10:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Sunday||11:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
Our top priority is to keep our customers, employees, and communities safe. Here are some important updates on our stores’ policies and procedures and we appreciate your help keeping our communities safe and healthy.
• We’re offering Curbside service, touchless transactions and, where available, no-contact delivery with virtual set-up.
• We’re cleaning and sanitizing surfaces regularly, and hand sanitizer is available for employees and customers.
• Masks are required to be worn by employees, customers, and visitors in our stores and will be provided to anyone who needs one.
• Check out COVID-19: Our Response webpage for the latest information.
Special offers and new phones for Lake City
Prepaid Phone Plans
Unlimited for $50/mo.Just open a new line on our $65/mo. plan and sign up for AutoPay & you’ll save $15 each month. Time for a prepaid phone plan in Lake City?50.00/mo.AT&T may temporarily slow data speeds if the network is busy. First month service charge and taxes are due at sale. One-time activation fee of $15 if activating in a store. Other restrictions may apply. See details
AT&T PREPAID IPHONE SE (2020)Get the iPhone SE 64GB for $349.99 + $50 toward account. Limited time. Online only. First mo. svc. charge & applicable sales tax due at sale. Excludes upgrades. New customers will receive a $50 account credit after purchase and account activation. Other fees, charges & restr's apply.
About the Lake City Store
- iPhone 12 & iPhone 12 Pro Max
- Cell Phones
- Wireless Plans and Setup
- Phone Activations
- Device Upgrade
- Device Protection
- TV & Entertainment
- Bill Pay and Setup
- Small Business Solutions
Cellphones, plans & accessories
AT&T PREPAIDExperience the freedom of AT&T PREPAID with plans that allow you to pay for usage in advance without tying you up in a long-term contract. Get unlimited talk & text in the U.S. and the data you need with no annual contract, no credit check, free shipping, and no activation fee for online orders. Shop AT&T prepaid phones for the premium brands you love or bring your own (BYOD) compatible device.
ACCESSORIESAT&T has the accessories you need to style & protect your devices. Rugged phone cases & sleek phone covers, chargers & batteries to keep you powered up, and speakers, headphones & headsets to keep you connected to your favorite audio, and more. Get free shipping, free returns, and in-store pickup – just order online by 4pm and it’ll be ready within two hours.
What our customers are saying
- November 22, 20201 out of 5Avoid. Horrible Service. Brianna is the rudest salesperson I’ve ever encountered. We actually came in with intent to buy and she inspired us to leave.
- December 4, 20195 out of 5I just want to say that I spent 3 hours on the phone trying to fix the problem with my daughters new iphone. I talked to At&t support and Apple support. I went to my local At&t store where Stephanie helped me. She fixed it in 30 seconds, and was super helpful and easy to deal with. I appreciate the support I receive from my local store, and most especially Stephanie.
- October 6, 20191 out of 5I have been an AT&T customer for 20+ yrs and have never experienced such RUDE customer “service”. Josh refused to listen to my issue, told me to take my phone to mobile mania so they can deal with it. He was rude& clearly agitated and told me my phone isn’t at&t’s problem. I left, called the AT&T 800 number and after waiting on hold for 35 minutes a VERY kind and helpful woman walked me through the issue and it was resolved. I will never be back to Lake City AT&T, no idea how Josh has a job in customer service.
- February 19, 20191 out of 5Been with AT&T since June and each time I come to this location there is always some sort of snag or hang up or issue. Go in to purchase 4 series apple watches my fiancé has been dying to get and are told up front that yes the one she wanted was in stock and available so we move forward in the purchasing process only to be told that there is no way for them to remove that particular one from their inventory to sell it to her and that it just so happens to be the only one in stock in that color and size and instead offered her the much smaller option that she didn’t want. Now have to wait 5 business days and hope nobody steals the package from our mailbox or porch, wherever the delivery driver chooses to leave the package, or cancel anything planned or hope we aren’t at work and miss the delivery. How can your stores not have more than one of the newest items apple offers in stock? How is there no shipment coming in sometime before the end of this week? How can a store manager not figure out how to get a product sold and not even offer to call a district manager or someone that may have been able to figure it out? The only employee that works there that acts like they care about the customer is Austin and he wasn’t there to help. Garbage store.
- February 9, 20191 out of 5I got a new phone from AT&T and needed the info transferred from my old. I had gone to the same location a few months before and they did it for me with no problem. This time I was told they didn’t do this anymore. I tried to explain I did not have a computer, I’m 63 years old and I have no idea what to do. I was so afraid I would do it wrong and lose my information. I tried everything to convince them to help me. The young man named Josh finally told me that his grandmother had done her own phone and she had had two strokes. He said the only reason why I couldn’t do it is I did not want to do it. I nervously laughed but was pretty humiliated. I never got any satisfaction whatsoever. I was told that the entire region did not do this for people anymore, which encompassed the entire state of Florida. My sister got on the phone and with in a couple of hours had me set up and being taken care of by Oakleaf in Jacksonville, after Lake City had told me Oakleaf would not. I had even gone and sat outside their store so I could be the first customer at 9 AM, the time they posted on their website. When I got there the door said 10 AM instead. A 1 Hour Dr., another hour of waiting for the store to open and then absolutely no customer service for me whatsoever, only insults. I will never darken the door of this place again!