Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) technology provides instant internet and network access at speeds up to 50 times faster than a 28.8Kbps modem on a standard analog phone line. There are no dial-up delays, no busy signals. What used to take minutes or hours to download will take just seconds or minutes.
With AT&T High Speed Internet you can download graphics-heavy files, large documents, software, photos, email attachments, and more, instantly. It's perfect for real-time interactive multimedia, broadcast quality video, distance learning, and video-on-demand. And because AT&T High Speed Internet sends data and voice over the same line, you can talk on the phone while you connect.
DSL technology brings high-bandwidth connectivity to you over ordinary copper telephone lines. The type of DSL transport that AT&T Internet Services offers is Asymmetrical Digital Subscriber Line (ADSL) Internet. It's called asymmetric
because the speed of the receiving data (the downstream rate to your computer) is different than the speed of sending data (the upstream rate from your computer to the Internet). And, while it uses a different technology than traditional analog modems, the ADSL modem plugs into your phone jack much like an analog modem.Why get AT&T DSL?
AT&T DSL allows you to surf the internet, connect to your corporate network, and download files to your computer with amazing speed. You'll be able to play networked computer games faster than before -- and enjoy streaming audio and video, which are becoming popular applications for use with AT&T DSL.
Unlike the dial-up connections required for analog modems, your AT&T High Speed Internet connection can be turned on almost instantly. There are no more busy signals and no more waiting for the connection to happen - it's there at the click of your mouse. If you do turn your PC off (or terminate your AT&T DSL connection), it's quick and easy to log back on -- no more long waits as your analog modem establishes its connection.
Another benefit is that AT&T High Speed Internet uses your existing telephone line - you can actually talk on your phone line at the same time you're using it to surf the internet!Advantages
- Comes in multiple speeds to fit your needs.
- Offers simultaneous data and voice capability, allowing you to talk on the phone while sending or receiving data on the same phone line.
- Uses your existing telephone line.
- Connects instantly at the click of an icon, eliminating the time spent waiting for call set-up and busy signals.
- AT&T DSL is a dedicated digital line that's instantly available, so you won't be slowed down by heavy traffic dialing into an Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- Data travels on its own dedicated line between your home/business and the DSL gateway, so other online traffic in your neighborhood won't slow you down.
Why buy AT&T DSL from AT&T Internet Services?
- DSL access - download data, graphics, or audio and video files at high speeds.
- Telecommuting - you could have virtually the same LAN speed as on-site workers.
- Real-time interactive multimedia, broadcast quality video, video conferencing and video-on-demand.
- Distance learning.
When you buy AT&T High Speed Internet from an AT&T Internet Services company, it's backed up by years of experience and reliability from within the AT&T family of companies. Our salespeople at AT&T have years of experience in selling voice, data, and other telecommunications products. So AT&T Internet Services is able to deliver to you high-speed AT&T DSL from a name you know and trust.What is the difference between DSL technology and cable modem technology?
DSL technology provides instantly available high-speed internet access over a dedicated telephone line. Cable modems offer high-speed internet access over a shared cable television line.
DSL Technology Advantages
- Flexible enough to grow with the skills and interests of our users
- DSL technology is as reliable as your phone