To perform a basic pre-installation cleanup before the installation process, see Prepare your computer to download and install McAfee Consumer products
You can then download the McAfee Internet Security Suite.
Minimum requirements to install AT&T Internet Security Suite - Powered by McAfee
Microsoft Operating System Requirements:
Microsoft Browser Requirements:
- Microsoft Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4 (SP4) or higher
- Windows Vista* and Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) Personal computer with Pentium-compatible processor 500MHz or higher and 256MB RAM or higher and is compatible with 32 and 64-bit systems
- Windows 7* (compatible with 32 and 64-bit systems)
- * Must meet Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating system requirements
Requirements to download and install AT&T Internet Security Suite - powered by McAfee on your Mac Mac Operating System Requirements:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later
- Mozilla Firefox 1.5 or later
Mac Browser Requirements:
- Apple Mac OS X 10.5 or higher
- Apple Computer with Intel Processor
- 1GB RAM or higher
- 150MB of available free drive space
About McAfee SiteAdvisor
- Mozilla Firefox version 3.0 and above
- Safari version 3.0 and above
- McAfee SiteAdvisor is currently supported by Firefox browser only.
The SiteAdvisor feature provides:
What do the ratings mean?
- Safety ratings for an estimated 95 percent of the World Wide Web.
- Website testing for excessive pop-ups, browser exploits, and other annoyances.
- Download testing for viruses and bundled adware, spyware, or other unwanted programs.
- Advising for users as they surf and search.
Site is Safe
SiteAdvisor will also show you how safe a website is once you are there.
Click on the icon in the toolbar to find out why a site is rated a certain way.Additional Features for PC Users
Additional Features for Mac Users
- Built-in computer health and performance tools keep the PC running at peak performance with automated disc defrag, and clean-up for files, applications and browser history.
- Protection without interference - McAfee security service will intelligently defer tasks, updates, and alerts. This is a unique feature that allows you to use your PC for uninterrupted movie watching, slide show presenting, or game playing.
- McAfee Virtual Technician is integrated and easily accessible within the SecurityCenter and the Help menu. It allows you to resolve common issues from within the service. Unresolved issues are automatically sent to a support agent with solutions 24/7.
- Improved performance with less processing, less memory use, and faster scanning.
- Integrated anti-virus, anti-spyware and firewall technologies work together to combat today's sophisticated, multi-pronged attacks.
- Spyware protection detects, blocks, and removes spyware and adware. Better protection based on a new integrated anti-virus, anti-spyware engine. It also detects and blocks tracking cookies.
- Intelligent firewall protection with improved data of known good and known bad applications. Automated detection of new networks. New logging capabilities.
- McAfee SystemGuards watches your computer for specific behaviors that may signal virus, spyware, or hacker activity.
- Stealth Mode can hide your presence on the Internet, making your computer invisible to hackers.
- McAfee SecurityCenter makes it simple to review the PC security status, check for updates, and fix potential security issues.
- Protects against harmful programs that monitor, collect and sell your personal information.
- Identity protection, anti-phishing and Site Advisor software all help keep you safe during financial transactions.
- McAfee firewall restricts access to your computer and files when you are online.
- Scans and cleans downloaded files and attachments from email and IM programs.
- Scans any external drive for potential threats to your Mac.
- Protects against viruses, trojans, worms, bots, and root-kits. Repairs and removes infections from files without damaging format or contents.