You can sync your Apple Watch (GPS+ Cellular) to:
- A different iPhone with a different mobile number on your AT&T account.
- A different iPhone on a different billing account than your Apple Watch. You will need to have an AT&T User ID and password for that different billing account to sync your Apple Watch.
- A new iPhone that you upgraded to and keep your existing mobile number.
However, if your Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular) is currently synced to another iPhone®
, you must unsync the watch from that iPhone before you can sync it with a new iPhone to use
for Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular).1 If you upgraded to a new iPhone and are keeping the same mobile number
Complete the activation process for the upgraded iPhone, if your phone is not already activated.
- Go to http://www.att.com/getstarted and follow the prompts.
- Proceed to unpair your watch from your current iPhone, follow steps below.
How to unpair
your watch from your current iPhone
How to sync your Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular) to your iPhone
- Select the Watch app.
- Once the My watch screen appears, press the picture of the Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular) that you want to unpair.
- Select the information icon.
- Select Unpair Apple watch.
- Select Keep Plan.
- Wait for the unpair process to complete before proceeding with sync on your new iPhone.
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone to start the pairing process and follow the prompts.
- Select Set up Cellular.
- If you're syncing to another iPhone with a different mobile number, you'll see a message Looks like this device is already synced. You can only sync a device with one phone at a time. Want to sync with another phone? Select OK. (If you have upgraded to a new iPhone you will not see this message.)
- Enter the Emergency 911 address. Enter the address where you'll be using the watch most often. When you place a 911 call using your watch, the call will go over the cellular network when possible. If no cellular network is available, device location data from nearby Wi-Fi networks will be used to help locate you. If that data isn't available, the address you provide will be used.
- Make sure to check the box and read the Important Information for NumberSync on the 911 screen.
- On Sync requested screen, you should see a message indicating NumberSync should be available shortly. Select Ok.
- Follow prompts to finish setting up your watch.
For additional information for Firstnet subscribers go to firstnet.com/numbersyncSee all important details