Make or receive a video or audio call using FaceTime.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• Activate FaceTime
• Make a FaceTime call using the Contacts app
• Make a FaceTime call using the FaceTime app
• Respond to an incoming FaceTime call
• Record a video message for missed calls
• FaceTime options
From the home screen, select the Settings app > scroll to and select FaceTime > select the FaceTime switch.
Note: FaceTime requires an applicable data plan and your call recipient must also have a FaceTime-activated iOS device. If you need additional help, view the Apple support article If you can't turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime on your iPhone or iPad. FaceTime now supports up to 32 people at one time.
1. From the home screen, navigate to and select the Contacts app.
2. Select the Sidebar icon, then select the desired contact.
3. To make a FaceTime call, select the video or phone icon next to Facetime.
1. From the home screen, select the FaceTime app.
Note: Upon first using FaceTime, you will be receive a prompt about Center Stage. Center Stage uses machine learning to adjust the front-facing Ultra Wide camera when you use video apps such as FaceTime on your compatible iPad model or Mac connected to Studio Display. As you move around, Center Stage helps keep you and anyone else with you in the frame. Review the prompt, then select Continue.
2. Select the desired contact from the call history or select Create Link or New FaceTime to create a new call and follow the prompts.