Learn how to turn Bluetooth on or off, scan and connect to other Bluetooth devices, and unpair a connected device.
In this tutorial, you'll learn how to:
• Quickly turn Bluetooth on or off
• Enable or disable Bluetooth
• Pair with device
• Unpair with device
When Bluetooth is on, the Bluetooth icon will display in the Quick Settings. To optimize battery life, turn Bluetooth off when not in use. For additional information on pairing, please see the Pair Bluetooth Accessory article.
Swipe down from the Notification bar, then select the Bluetooth icon to turn it on or off.
1. Swipe down from the Notification bar, then select the Settings icon.
2. Select Connections, then select the Bluetooth switch.
1. From the Connections screen, select Bluetooth.
2. When Bluetooth is enabled, your device will automatically scan for devices. Select the desired device. Select OK when prompted to request a pairing.
Note: You may be prompted to enter a passcode (common default passcode is 0000).
1. Select the Settings icon next to the desired paired device.
2. Select Unpair to unpair the device.
Note: If having trouble pairing/unpairing your device with your vehicle, please refer to your vehicle's user manual for additional information.
Great! We're so glad we could help.
We're sorry that didn't solve your issue.