Make or receive a video or audio call using FaceTime.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• Activate FaceTime
• Make a FaceTime call using the Phone app
• Make a FaceTime call using the FaceTime app
• Respond to an incoming FaceTime call
• FaceTime options
• Use Picture in Picture
From the home screen, select the Settings app > scroll to and select FaceTime > select the FaceTime switch.
Note: FaceTime requires an applicable data plan and your call recipient must also have a FaceTime-activated iOS device. If you need additional help, view the Apple support article If you get an error when trying to activate FaceTime. FaceTime now supports up to 32 people at one time.
1. From the home screen, select the Phone app.
2. Select the Contacts tab, then select the desired contact. To make a FaceTime video or audio call, select the video or phone icon next to FaceTime.
1. From the home screen, select the FaceTime app.
2. Select the desired contact from the call history or select the Add icon to create a new call and follow the prompts.
Picture in Picture allows you to continue viewing your call while multitasking. While in a FaceTime call, swipe up from the bottom of the screen. Your call will appear as a Picture-in-picture window in the corner of the screen.
Note: You can select and drag the window as desired. To return to full screen, select the Picture-in-picture window.
Great! We're so glad we could help.
We're sorry that didn't solve your issue.