In this tutorial you will learn how to:
• Turn Find My on or off
• Use Find My
1. From the home screen, select the Settings app.
Note: To see all your devices in Find My iPhone, use the same Apple ID when you set up each device.
2. Select your Apple ID, then select Find My.
Note: If you’re asked to sign in, enter your Apple ID. If you don’t have one, select Create a new Apple ID, then follow the instructions.
3. Select Find My iPhone, then ensure the Find My iPhone and Send Last Location switches are in the On position.
Note: When you turn on Find My iPhone, Activation Lock is turned on automatically as well. Activation Lock makes it harder for anyone to use or sell your iPhone if it’s ever lost or stolen. For more information, visit the Apple Support article Find My iPhone Activation Lock. If your device is lost or stolen and the battery charge level becomes critically low, its location is sent to Apple automatically. When you use Find My iPhone to locate that device, you see where it was before its battery ran out of charge.
4. To turn off Find my iPhone, select the Find My iPhone switch, then enter your Apple ID password and select Turn Off.
5. If you’re part of a Family Sharing family, you can use Find My to help find your family members’ iOS devices (iOS 8 or later) and Mac computers (OS X v10.10 or later). To set up Family sharing, from the Apple ID screen select Family Sharing then select Continue and follow the prompts.
Note: Each family member must set up their devices and computers to share their locations with other family members. On an iOS device: Go to Settings > iCloud > Share My Location. On a Mac: Open iCloud preferences, click Manage Family Sharing, then select family members one at a time. For more information, see the Apple Support article Family Sharing.
1. From the home screen, navigate to and select the Find My app.
2. Select Continue.
3. Select the Devices tab, then select the desired iOS device.
4. The device's location will be displayed. Swipe up from the bottom menu to view expanded options then select the desired option:
• PLAY SOUND: To remotely ring the device, select Play Sound.
• DIRECTIONS: To get directions directly to your device, select Directions.
• MARK AS LOST: To mark the device as lost, select Activate then follow the prompts.
• ERASE IPHONE: To remotely erase your device, select Erase This Device.
Note: Learn how to locate your device, play a sound, lock and track your device, or remotely erase your device. Learn more from the Apple support articles If your iPhone is lost or stolen and Get help using Find My iPhone.
Great! We're so glad we could help.
We're sorry that didn't solve your issue.