In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• Stop an app
• Check for an iOS update
• Check for app updates
• Remove an app
• Reinstall an app
• Manage app data
Press the the Home button twice to view recent apps. Swipe the desired app upward to close the app.
Plug your device in to power and connect to the Internet with Wi-Fi, then from the home screen select the Settings app > scroll to and select General > select Software Update.
Note: If an update is available, select Download and Install then follow the on-screen prompts.
1. From the the home screen, select the App Store app then select the User account icon.
2. App updates will be listed under AVAILABLE UPDATES or UPCOMING AUTOMATIC UPDATES. Select UPDATE next to the desired app to update an individual app. Select Update All to update all apps with an available update.
Note: Automatic app updates is on by default. To save battery life, turn off auto updates. From the home screen, select the Settings app > App Store > App Updates switch.
Select and hold the desired app, then select Remove App > Delete App > select Delete again to confirm.
Note: To remove an app from the home screen but save all of the app data, select and hold the desired app > select Remove app > Move to App Library.
From the home screen, select the App Store app > Search tab > Search field > enter the app name > select a suggestion or search > select the Download icon next to the desired app. The app will take a moment to download. When finished, select OPEN.
Note: Learn more from the Apple support article Download past purchases from iTunes.
1. From the home screen, select the Settings app.
2. Scroll to and select General, then select iPhone Storage.
3. Scroll to and select the desired app. Select Offload App to delete the app but keep its documents and data. Select Delete App to delete the app and all related data.
Great! We're so glad we could help.
We're sorry that didn't solve your issue.