Learn how to access and adjust notification settings and turn notifications on or off.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• View notifications
• Access and edit notification settings
• Edit notifications for an individual app
• Turn Do Not Disturb on or off
• Turn government alerts on or off
• Select notification grouping
To view recent notifications, swipe down from the top of the screen to access the Notification Center.
1. To access notifications settings, from the home screen select the Settings app.
2. Select Notifications, then adjust settings as desired.
1. To change the notification setting for an individual app, select the desired app then select the Allow Notifications switch to turn app notifications on or off.
2. To edit the Sound notifications for the individual app, select Sounds then select the desired option.
3. From the desired app, select the Badges switch to enable or disable app badges.
1. From the Settings screen, select Focus > Do Not Disturb > select the Do Not Disturb switch to turn Do Not Disturb on or off.
Note: To quickly turn Do Not Disturb on or off, swipe down from the upper right corner of the screen to access the Control Center then select the Do Not Disturb icon. When Do Not Disturb is enabled, calls and notifications will be silenced.
2. When Do Not Disturb is enabled, a Do Not Disturb notification will be displayed on the Lock screen and the Do Not Disturb icon will display in the Status bar.
1. From the desired app's Notifications settings screen, select Notification Grouping.
2. Select the desired option, then select the back arrow when finished.