Create and respond to text (SMS), Advanced Messaging, or picture (MMS) messages, add, save, and view received attachments and more.
WATCH AND LEARN
• ENTER RECIPIENT: Select the 'To' field to enter a recipient. Select the Contacts icon to select a recipient in your Contacts list.
• ENTER MESSAGE: Select the 'Enter message' field to enter the desired message.
• ADD ATTACHMENT: Select the Attach icon and follow the prompts to add an attachment.
• SEND A MESSAGE: When finished composing a message, select the Send to send the message.
Note: To add additional recipient(s) and create a Group Message, enter or select the additional contact(s), then select the 'Enter message' field. To remove recipient(s), select the desired contact(s) then select Remove.
• When a new message is received, the New Message icon will display in the Notification bar.
READ A NEW MESSAGE: From the Messages inbox, select the desired message thread.
VIEW/SAVE AN ATTACHMENT: To view an attachment, select the desired attachment. To save an attachment, select and hold the desired attachment then select Save attachment.
RESPOND TO A MESSAGE: Select the desired option.
• If Advanced Messaging is turned on and you are messaging another device using Advanced Messaging, you can share files up to 10MB, get read receipts, and see when someone is replying. If Advanced Messaging is turned off you can share files up to 1 MB. To learn more, visit att.com/advancedmessaging.
• By default, attachments will be saved to the Downloads folder in the Gallery app. To view saved attachments, from the home screen, select the Gallery app > Albums > Download.
Great! We're so glad we could help.
We're sorry that didn't solve your issue.