Android Factory reset protection allows you to prevent non-authorized users from accessing your device if it's been lost, stolen, or reset to factory settings without your permission. Only someone with the associated Google account or screen lock information can use the device.
1. ENABLE ANDROID DEVICE MANAGER: Swipe down from the Notification bar > select the Settings icon > General tab > Google > scroll to and select Security > select Find My Device > ensure the Find My Device switch is in the On position.
Note: You will also need a screen lock enabled and a Google account added. Android Factory Reset Protection is now available on devices with software version 5.1 or later. To view your software version, see the Software Version tutorial.
2. REMOTELY RING, LOCK OR ERASE DEVICE USING A COMPUTER: Sign in to your Google Account on www.android.com/devicemanager. From here you can make changes to settings and choose the desired option.
3. REMOTELY RING, LOCK OR ERASE DEVICE USING ANOTHER ANDROID DEVICE: You must have Find My Device downloaded on both devices. To download, from the home screen select the Play Store app > search for Google Find My Device > select Google Find My Device > INSTALL > OPEN.
Note: New users will need to select Accept and sign in to continue.
4. Select CONTINUE AS to sign into the Google account registered on the device, or select SIGN IN AS GUEST to sign into a new account then follow the prompts. Select the device you wish to locate. Find My Device will show the location of that device.
Note: If signing into a Google account, enter the password then select SIGN IN. When prompted, select ALLOW. To sign in as a different account registered to the device, select the Drop-down icon then select the desired account.
5. Play Sound: The device rings at full volume for 5 minutes, even if it is set to silent or vibrate. Secure Device: Remotely lock the device. Erase Device: Remotely erase the device.
Note: For more information on device protection from Google, please go to Google’s support site.
Great! We're so glad we could help.
We're sorry that didn't solve your issue.