Learn how to access and use Camera modes, effects, customization, and crop a photo.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
Swipe left or right to access camera modes such as Time Lapse Video, Slo-mo Video, Video, Photo, Portrait, Square, and Pano.
To access filters, select the Filters icon then select the desired filter.
Note: Filters are not available in some camera modes.
Portrait mode captures a picture with a sharp subject against a blurred background. You can add portrait lighting for dramatic effects. To access Portrait mode, from the camera screen, swipe left or right to Portrait mode. Scroll left or right on the bottom of the screen to the desired light setting.
Note: Your photo depth preferences will be stored, allowing you to change or add to your desired lighting effects at a later time.
1. Stage Light Mono allows you to take a photo with the High-Key Mono portrait lighting effect and a real-time effect preview. These computational portrait lighting effects can be easily adjusted right in the Photos app, even after the photo has been taken. From Portrait Mode in the camera app, swipe left on the bottom of the screen until you reach the STAGE LIGHT MONO setting. Select the Capture icon to take a picture.
2. To adjust the High-Key Mono portrait lighting effect, from the home screen, select the Photos app. Select the Albums tab, then scroll to and select Portrait.
3. Select the desired Portrait mode photo that you would like to edit then select Edit.
4. Edit the photo as desired. When finished, select Done to save the changes.
Camera preservation settings allow you to preserve the last camera mode or filters used instead of resetting to Photo mode when you reopen the camera. To preserve camera settings, from the home screen, select the Settings app > Camera > Preserve Settings > Camera Mode or Filter & Lighting Switch.
Note: To learn more about camera settings visit the Camera and Video Settings tutorial.
1. From the Camera app, select the Gallery icon. Swipe right to the desired photo, then select Edit.
Note: Alternately, from the home screen select the Photos app then navigate to and select the desired photo.
2. Select the Crop icon. Select and drag the crop corners to crop as desired, then select Done.
Great! We're so glad we could help.
We're sorry that didn't solve your issue.