Learn how you can help protect your phone from unauthorized use if it has been lost, stolen, or reset to factory settings without your permission.
Android Factory reset protection allows you to prevent non-authorized users from accessing your device if it's been lost, stolen, or reset to factory settings without your permission. Only someone with the associated Google account or screen lock information can use the device.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• Enable Android Device Manager
• Remotely ring, lock, or erase device using another Android device
• Remotely ring, lock, or erase device using computer
1. Swipe down from the Notification bar, then select the Settings icon.
2. Scroll to and select Google > select Find My Device > ensure the Use Find My Device switch is in the On position.
Note: You will also need a screen lock enabled and a Google account added. Android Factory Reset Protection is now available on devices with software version 5.1 or later. To view your software version, see the Software Version tutorial.
Sign in to your Google Account at www.android.com/devicemanager. From here you can make changes to settings and choose the desired option.