Get tips on the best way to keep your device clean.
WATCH AND LEARN
• Wash your hands.
• Turn the device off. (If you have to keep it on, make sure it’s not plugged in or connected to anything.)
• Remove all accessories.
• Clean off any debris with a dry, soft cloth such as microfiber. (A cloth used to clean a camera lens or eyewear is also suitable.)
Here's some general info on how to clean your phones, tablets, smartwatches, hotspots, and other devices. For specific details about your device, we recommend going to the manufacturer's website.
• Read the label on the cleaning product to make sure it’s safe to use on your device.
• Stay away from bleach or bleach products.
Clean your device and screen with any of these:
• Disinfecting wipes
• 70% isopropyl alcohol-based wipes
• Soft cloth suitable for a lens or eyewear
• Don’t saturate the soft cloth or cotton ball, instead blot any excess liquid.
• Steer clear of any ports, microphones, speakers, and other areas that liquid can seep into.
• Don’t spray, pour, or dip your device directly into any liquids. Instead, use a small corner of a cloth to apply the product.
• Apply gentle strokes across the device’s surface. Don’t use excessive force.
• Avoid compressed air since it can damage the device’s surface.
• Let the device air-dry completely before using.