Learn how to access and adjust notification settings and turn notifications on or off.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• View notifications
• Access and edit notification settings
• Edit notifications for an individual app
• Turn Do Not Disturb on or off
• Turn government alerts on or off
• Select notification grouping
To view recent notifications, swipe down from the top of the screen to access the Notification Center.
1. To access notifications settings, from the home screen, select the Settings app.
2. Select Notifications, then adjust settings as desired.
1. To change the notification setting for an individual app, select the desired app. Edit notification settings as desired. Select the Allow Notifications switch to turn app notifications on or off.
2. To edit the Sound notifications for the individual app, select Sounds then select the desired option.
3. Select the Badges switch to enable or disable app badges.
1. To quickly turn Do Not Disturb on or off, swipe down from the upper right corner of the screen to access the Control Center, then select Focus > Do Not Disturb. When Do Not Disturb is enabled, calls and notifications will be silenced.
2. To edit Do Not Disturb settings, from the Settings screen, select Focus > Do Not Disturb > edit settings as desired.
3. When Do Not Disturb is enabled, the Do Not Disturb icon will be displayed on the Lock screen, on the notification bar and in the Control Center.
From the Settings screen, select Notifications then scroll to GOVERNMENT ALERTS. Select the switch next to the desired government alert to turn alerts on or off.
From the desired app's Notifications settings screen, select Notification Grouping. Select the desired option, then select the back arrow when finished.
Great! We're so glad we could help.
We're sorry that didn't solve your issue.