Copy and paste, use speech-to-text, and access keyboard settings.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• Access the keyboard
• Access symbols and numbers
• Copy and paste text
• Use predictive text
• Change keyboard type
• Access keyboard settings
• Scroll bar scrubbing
Select a text field to see the onscreen keyboard, then select letters to type.
Select the desired option:
• NUMBERS AND SYMBOLS: Select the .?123 key.
• SPEECH-TO-TEXT: Select the Microphone key and begin speaking your desired message.
• CAPITALIZE TEXT: Select the Shift key to type uppercase. Double-select the Shift key for caps lock.
• EMOJIS: Select the Emojis key.
Note: To access more symbols, select the 123 key, then select the #+= key. To return to the alphabetical keyboard select the ABC key. Select the caps lock key, or double-tap the shift key, for caps lock.
1. To copy text, quickly select the desired text twice. Two end points will appear. Select and drag the end points to expand or reduce selection. Select Copy.
Note: Alternately, iOS14 and later features gestures that make cut, copy, and paste a snap. Pinch up with three fingers to quickly copy, pinch up with three fingers two times to cut, and pinch down with three fingers to paste.
2. To paste, select the desired location in the text field then select Paste.
As you write, QuickType uses predictive text to anticipate your next word. Select a word to choose it.
Note: Accept a highlighted prediction by entering a space or punctuation. Reject a suggestion by selecting your original word (shown as a QuickType option with quotation marks).
Select and hold the keyboard key, then without lifting your finger, slide to the desired option.
From the Home screen, select the Settings app > General > Keyboard > edit Keyboard settings as desired.
Instantly navigate long documents, web pages, and conversations by selecting and dragging the scroll bar.