Learn how to perform a soft, factory, or alternate master reset of your device.
WATCH AND LEARN
There are multiple ways to reset your device if you are experiencing issues. Power cycling your device is the first step.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• Power cycle your device
• Reset network settings
• Perform a factory data reset
• Perform an alternate master reset
Press and hold the Power/Hang Up button. To turn the device back on, press and hold the Power/Hang Up button until the screen lights up.
Note: If you are unable to turn your device off, remove and re-insert the battery.
1. If a restart does not resolve your issue, you may need to perform a Factory data reset (Master reset). This will erase all data on your device and restore it to factory settings. To Factory data reset your device, from the home screen press the Select button to access the apps tray. Press the navigational buttons to highlight the Settings & Tools app, then press the Select button to select.
Note: A Factory data reset will revert the device back to factory settings. It will permanently erase all personal data, preferences, settings and content such as pictures, ringtones and apps that are saved to the device. It is recommended that you save (backup) important data before proceeding.
2. Press the Select button to select Settings. Press the down button to navigate Phone settings, then press the Select button.
3. Press the down button until Reset phone is highlighted, then press the Select button to select. Use the keypad to enter the device code, then press the Select button.
4. Review the reset prompt. Press the right option button to select Next.
Note: To erase all data on the inserted SD card, press the down button scroll to and highlight the Erase SD card checkbox then press the Select button.
5. Press the Select button to select Reset.
1. If unable to perform the standard ‘Factory data reset’ using the above steps, try the Alternate reset method. With the device powered off, press and hold the Power/Hang Up and Volume up buttons simultaneously for approximately 5 seconds until the Recovery screen appears.
2. Press the Volume down button until Wipe data/factory reset is highlighted, then press the Select button to select. Press the Volume down button to highlight Factory data reset, then press the Select button to begin the reset process.
3. When the Recovery screen displays again, ensure that Reboot system now is highlighted then press the Select button to select.
Great! We're so glad we could help.
We're sorry that didn't solve your issue.