In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• Set up Secure Folder
• Access Secure Folder
• Add apps to Secure Folder
• Use Secure Folder
• Hide Secure Folder
1. From the home screen, swipe down from the Notification bar then select the Settings icon.
2. Scroll to and select Security and privacy > More security settings > Secure Folder.
3. Select Continue. Review the Permissions for Secure Folder prompt, then select Continue again.
Note: If prompted, enter your Samsung account password then select OK. If you are already signed into a Samsung account on your device, select CONFIRM to verify that you would like to set up Secure Folder using the Samsung account listed.
4. Select the desired folder lock type.
Note: For this tutorial, Pattern was chosen.
5. Enter the desired lock code, then select Continue. Enter the lock code again, then select Confirm.
After completing the Secure folder set up, the Secure Folder app will appear in your Apps tray. When you access Secure folder, you will be prompted to enter your passcode. Select the Secure Folder app, then enter the passcode.
Note: To access the Apps tray, swipe up or down from the center of the home screen.
Select the Add icon. Select the desired app(s), then select Add to add apps to the secure folder.
Select the Menu icon. Select the desired option:
• LOCK AND EXIT: Select Lock and exit.
• ADD FILES: Select Add files. Select the desired file type > navigate to and select the desired file(s), then select Done.
Note: You can also add pictures from the Gallery app. Select and hold the desired picture(s) > More > Move to Secure Folder. Pictures that have been moved to the Secure Folder are no longer visible in the regular Gallery. To view pictures that have been moved to the Secure Folder, select the Secure Folder app > Gallery app.
From the Settings screen, scroll to and select Security and privacy > More security settings > Secure Folder > select the Add Secure Folder to Apps screen switch > Hide.