Partial monthly charges
Your first bill includes a charge based on the total days service was active during the current bill cycle. Monthly charges billed in advance
Your service is billed in advance each month. Your first bill includes a charge for the next month of service.One-time charges
Your first bill may include charges for installation, equipment, or other non-recurring costs.Installment Billing
Installment billing divides some non-recurring charges into equal monthly payments. Taxes and surcharges for these items are not eligible for installment billing and are charged upfront.
Examples of charges that may be billed in installments include:
- Full installation by a technician
- Service activation fees
- Wireless TV receiver activation fee
Promotional pricing may not be included on your first bill and can take up to two billing cycles to appear.Taxes, surcharges, and other fees
Taxes may apply to charges for products and services in your bill. Specific taxes vary by state and locality. These are charges authorized by law and may include state-specific surcharges or regulatory fees.
- The Broadcast TV Surcharge helps recover a portion of the amount local broadcasters charge AT&T to carry their channels.
- Regulatory Cost Recovery Charge recovers certain fees imposed on AT&T by governmental entities specifically related to providing your voice and Internet Protocol TV service.
- Learn more about taxes and fees that may apply to your bill.