Learn how to activate an AT&T Prepaid account on your device, online, or over the phone.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• Activate from your device
• Activate online
• Activate over the phone
1. Before activating your AT&T Prepaid account from your device, make sure it has been charged and that the AT&T Prepaid SIM card has been inserted (some devices may have the SIM card pre-installed). Once charged, turn the phone on.
Note: If you do not have an AT&T Prepaid SIM card or already own a compatible phone and would like to Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) to AT&T Prepaid service, just purchase an AT&T Prepaid SIM Kit.
2. You will receive a free AT&T text message. Select the unique URL sent in the message.
3. The SIM/ICCID number and IMEI number will auto-populate. Enter your 5-digit service zip code and the passphrase code, then select Continue.
4. Select whether you would like to Activate 1 device or more than 1 device.
Note: "Activate 1 device" was selected for this example. If “Activate 2 or more devices” is selected, you will complete activation of the first device before being prompted to activate additional devices. You’ll need to manually enter the SIM/eSIM ICCID or EID number and IMEI number for each additional device. The SIM/eSIM ICCID is located on the SIM card itself. To locate your IMEI, visit Find your device IMEI number .
5. Select the desired rate plan, then scroll down to select the desired option for AutoPay. Select the check box to accept the Service Agreement, then select Continue.
Note: Rate plan options may change.
6. Enter your email address, then select Continue.
7. Select the Payment Method from the drop-down list.
8. Enter the requested payment information, then select Continue.
9. View your new phone number and restart your device.
10. A free "Welcome" text message will be sent. Select the link in the text message to set up your account password
11. Enter and confirm your new password and 4-digit PIN, then select Submit. Select OK.
12. Update your personal information, then select Submit.
13. An email with a verification code will be sent to the email address entered previously. Enter the verification code, then select Validate. Select OK.
14. Your AT&T Prepaid account has been successfully created, and you are now logged into your account. Review the Account Summary page for details.
Call us at 877.426.0525 for automated instructions. You will need to know your SIM/eSIM ICCID & IMEI number for activation. EID is not supported at this time.
Note: Activation will take around 10 minutes to complete. The ICCID is located on the SIM card itself. To locate your IMEI, visit Find your device IMEI number.