In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• Access messaging settings
• Messaging settings options
• Enable/disable Emergency Alerts
Access messaging settings
1. From the home screen, select the Messaging app
2. Select the Menu icon
, then select Settings
Messaging settings options
Select the desired option
to access the desired settings
• ACCESS/EDIT MESSAGE NOTIFICATIONS: Select Notification.
• ACCESS SMS SETTINGS/VIEW MESSAGE CENTER NUMBER: Select Text messages. The Service center number will also be displayed in Text Messages.
• ACCESS MMS SETTINGS: Select Multimedia messages.
• TURN ON/OFF ADVANCED MESSAGING: Select Advanced Messaging > Advanced Messaging switch.
• TURN ON/OFF ADVANCED MESSAGING READ RECEIPTS: Select Advanced Messaging > Share read status switch.
Note: If Advanced Messaging is turned on and you are messaging another device using the most recent version of Advanced Messaging (2019) from AT&T, you can share files up to 100MB, get read receipts, and see when someone is replying. To learn more, view Advanced Messaging or visit att.com/advancedmessaging.
Enable/disable Emergency Alerts
1. From the home screen, swipe down from the Notification bar
then select the Settings icon
2. Select Network & internet
, then select Wireless Emergency Alerts